Commodity Risk Management Advisory is the cornerstone of our business. We cover the major Australian agricultural commodities such as Grains, Oilseed, Pulses, Cotton and Wool.
The philosophy behind our risk management advice is that we cannot predict price – but neither can anyone else! We believe in sound solutions to help balance and manage risk. Reviewing market factors such as fundamentals, shipping and logistics constraints, regulations, weather, market sentiment and price volatility provides the basis for a plan that is easy to understand and simple to execute – regardless of what the market does.
The service is constructed in such a way that it can be tailored to every link in the supply chain, from producers all the way to the retailer with commodity exposure.
As part of our Commodity Risk Management advisory we can work with our clients to create the following:
- Clear “baseline” strategic plans which set out agreed “triggers” for action
- Policies and procedures which support the strategies agreed upon
- Reporting frameworks to highlight opportunities as well as risk
- Quarterly strategic reviews
- Additional specific strategies over and above the base line strategies during the year
- Daily interpretation of market movements and their impact on the strategic plan
- Regular face to face or phone contact regarding strategies
Providing research, analysis, information and ideas to our clients provides ATA customers with a broad range of market perspectives similar to that of a large multi-national, global geographically diverse agribusiness. This type of relationship gives ATA customers a competitive advantage resulting in wider margins and greater profitability.
This service is provided to customers against a fixed monthly retainer (the cost may vary according to size and scope of the business). This ensures that we are able to provide the best unbiased and independent advice for your business.
This service is only offered to “wholesale” clients as per the current ASIC definition.
The Australasian agricultural industry is changing rapidly, once an industry that was highly regulated it is now one that allows free trade. This means a lot more opportunities for a business like yours.
The challenge in a market like this is that there is a distinct lack of publicly available robust and reliable data. Working with Advance Trading Australasia on specific projects will give you access to our extensive database coupled with the strong analytical skills of our team – enabling you to make better and stronger business decisions.
All of our projects are tailored to meet your individual needs. This ensures that the outcome matches your expectation. There are virtually no boundaries to the type of project we can assist with. Some examples of previous projects our team has been involved with include:
- Corporate strategic planning
- Asset valuation of agricultural assets
- Due diligence work
- Verification of revenue models
- Specific market studies of Australian and Asian commodity markets
- Design and implementation of risk policies and procedure
- Review of trading / risk management performance
- Independent opinion work for arbitrations
- Supply chain evaluation/improvements
However we feel confident we will be able to help with just about any agribusiness project you may have (and if we can’t we will let you know straight away).
Chinese to English Translation
Advance Trading has a Translation service available from Chinese to English and visa versa.
For over 20 years, Advance Trading Australasia has been collecting commodity (grains, oilseeds, pulses & cotton) data domestically and abroad. This data is used internally for benchmarking and commodity price modelling.